Will you be my Valentine? When I was a kid, and even until I was a young adult, those words were enough to make me roll my eyes. Suffice it to say, I was never a big Valentine’s Day fan! Even now that I’m married, I like to keep things pretty simple on February 14th. But simple definitely doesn’t mean boring and that’s where these at-home Valentines date ideas come in!
And you don’t have to just use these ideas for Valentine’s–create a special birthday celebration for your hunny or a just-because date anytime.
1. Plan a romantic scavenger hunt date night.
2. Cook a dinner date together. Whether it’s simple or a little more out of your comfort zone, it’s fun to mix things up in the kitchen with your spouse.
3. Make a fort in the living room and camp out for the night.
4. Watch a romantic or rom-com movie together. Bonus: Every time the main characters kiss in the movie, give your spouse a smooch as well!
5. Surprise your husband with a sexy new nightie. I recently discovered AdoreMe and I (and the hubs) have fallen in love with their selection.
6. Take the 5 love languages quiz together and plan a date centered around each other’s language.
7. Write love letters to each other and seal them away to read next Valentine’s. You could even make this an annual tradition and write your letters in a notebook.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS VALENTINE’S DAY? WHAT WOULD YOU ADD AS A FUN DATE-NIGHT-IN?