Who’s excited about Halloween? I know I am! Usually, I’m not one for spooky holidays (anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a complete scaredy-cat), but this will be the first year the hubby has agreed to a couple’s costume and I’m pretty much thrilled. Guys, I’ve been trying to get him to play dress-up with me for the last few years and we finally landed on a couple’s costume we agree on. I can’t wait to show you all on Halloween (be sure you’re following us on Instagram to catch our looks).
Since Zach will be dressing up with me, I figured it was only right to create a special Trick-or-Treat bag for him. It turned out so cute that I knew I just had to share it with you. I hope you have as much fun creating this Spook-tacular grab bag for your spouse as I did!
- an assortment of your spouse’s favorite candy
- your spouse’s favorite snack
- a Halloween-themed bucket or pail
- two drinks of your choice
- small cellophane baggies
- tissue paper in Halloween or neutral colors
- a little ‘somethin’ somethin’ extra for when the date night is thru
- Spook-tacular Halloween Printables (Available in the FREE printable library)
- spooky movie, tickets to a local haunted house, or something that corresponds to one of the Halloween-themed dates listed in the printable, optional
What to Do:
1) First print out the Spook-tacular Halloween printable. I’ve assembled thirteen (yes, the odd 13 against all my OCD tendencies) date night ideas for you and your honey to choose from. From super simple–scary movie marathon–to a little more complex (spooky gingerbread house decorating), there’s something for every couple to enjoy. Pick one or more date ideas to do with your spouse and assemble one thing that relates to that idea–I chose one of our favorite scary movies–to add to your Trick-or-Treat basket.
2) Head to Walmart to pick up the rest of your basket essentials! Around this time of year, you’re sure to find a whole section dedicated to Halloween and it’s super simple (and cheap) to find everything you need. Be sure to stock up on your spouse’s favorite candy and grab a little something special for later on (I chose K-Y® Yours+Mine® Couples Lubricants®).
3) Assemble your Spook-tacular Trick-or-Treat basket! I divided up the candies and added a few of them into the cellophane baggies. I also might have snacked on a few candy bars as I worked! Be sure to add your date night tie-in as well. I wrapped a few things in tissue paper to add some suspense to the basket and finished it off with the gift tag from the Spook-tacular printable.
And there you have it! I know Zach will love his Spook-tacular gift basket and I had such fun assembling everything and brainstorming date nights for us to do together. It’s so important to keep intimacy and passion in a marriage and this fun gift is a perfect way to book-end a Halloween date.
Have a special Halloween tradition with your spouse or significant other? I’d love to hear about it! Also, you know I had to ask, what is your favorite Halloween candy?