Hey, lovelies, today I’m popping in with another installment of my Deployment Eats series. But his one has a little bit of a twist–Yumble, the meal kit subscription service I’m reviewing today is specifically created for the littles in your life.
I was so excited when I heard of this service, you guys. You all know, I tend to struggle with making meals for 1 and 1/2, especially ones that an almost two-year-old will enjoy. Enter Yumble.
This post is not sponsored and is my honest review of the company. However, if you sign up with my links, I do earn a small commission.
- Yumble has a few different weekly options available–6, 12 or 24 meals per week. I chose the six meal per week option since that’s what recommended for one kiddo. The six meal option is $7.99 per meal and my box total was $50.82 (with tax). Each week you can choose a different meal option to suit your needs.
- I love the variety of meals that Yumble offers. They have around 20 meal options available ranging from breakfast dishes to lunch, dinner, or snacks. They also keep things fresh by adding new meal options each week.
- As with other meal kit delivery services, you can skip a week or cancel your subscription at any time.
- I’m one of those moms who worries that her little isn’t eating enough so I really appreciate that the serving sizes are based on recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Yumble is a relatively new company whose popularity has really boomed lately which I believed contributed to the small problem I had with my first order (I received a different meal than I ordered) however their customer service team responded quickly and I was discounted for my trouble.
- I will say one negative about this box for me was the inability to track it. I’m that person who likes to keep up with shipping status so this was a minor annoyance for me.
- The meals are packaged in individual containers with ice packs to keep them safe during transit. The containers can be used to heat the meals in the microwave or oven (up to 375 degrees).
- All of the Yumble meals are ready to eat and super simple to heat in either the oven or the microwave. The directions differ depending on the meal but I loved that E’s lunch was ready within 60 seconds.
- For older kids, Yumble includes food-themed coloring pages and reward coins kids can save and redeem for fun prizes. I can’t wait till E is old enough to take part in all the interactive fun.
The Taste Test
Sweet and Sour Meatballs with a side of Orzo and Peas
You had my child at orzo–E could eat orzo for every meal of her life and she would be a happy little camper. Anything ground beef hasn’t been her favorite recently so the meatballs were a bit of a miss for us although mommy did have a few bites. They were tasty (although I’m not sure I would really call the sauce sweet and sour).
PIZZA-LICIOUS served with chocolate covered Pretzels and Dried Apples
E was a huge fan of this meal! I added a little more mozzarella cheese to the pizza since she loves cheese and she gobbled it up as quickly as she could. And both E and Mommy couldn’t get enough of the chocolate-covered pretzels. Yum!
Chicken Nuggets with Edamame, Corn, Crunchy Pretzels & clean Ketchup
Another favorite for E. I actually ordered two of this meal because I knew she’d love this meal (girlfriend adores chicken nuggets). Everything about this meal was a win and there was barely anything left on the plate when she was done.
Cheesy Egg Omelet with Shredded Hash Browns and Grapes
Another meal that we will definitely be ordering again. Frankly, E would be happy if she could eat an entire meal of these hashbrowns. Again, I added a bit more cheddar to the omelet just to give a little more flavor. This was a big hit for us and I’ll definitely be ordering this meal again.
Pizza Empanada with Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
This was the meal that I hadn’t ordered and to be honest, this was the one I was the least impressed with. We only received one empanada (the site shows two) and the empanada itself was…well, sad. This is a vegetarian meal (which is fine with me), but the empanada consisted of crust and sauce and tasted bland. E was not a fan and only took one bite. The sides were good, however–the broccoli was fresh and both the mashed potatoes and broccoli were very flavorful. I was discounted for this meal on my next order.
OVERALL IMPRESSION OF YUMBLE KIDS
I really loved the idea of this meal kit box. Making meals for a toddler, particularly a picky one, isn’t always the easiest and I loved the convenience of being able to pop one of these Yumble meals into the microwave or oven on a busy day. They do have some issues with quality control and consistency but I think that’s to be expected for a new company. Also, as of right now, deliveries are only available in certain areas.
Overall, E and I really enjoyed trying out Yumble. I’ve already ordered my third box and I’m definitely going to continue my subscription for a bit. If you’re a busy parent or if your child is a picky eater, I definitely recommend you give Yumble a try.